After addressing some issues with type color and rag I finally feel as though I have completed this assignment. This design challenge allowed me to explore expression of type in a more structured environment and also allowed for me to inadvertently overcome obstacles regarding printing. Where the article falls short in my book is where the actual articles are drawing from. Salt has an ambiguous nature to it and I felt as though this unfocused topic was hard to design for and also to pin down what the article was going to be about. All and all, I'm happy to be rid of the idea and am ready to take the tools that I have developed from this exercise to other projects in the future.
There is reasoning in all of this, see why I did stuff by looking at the branding end of this project here.